NO SHOPPING JULY 9, AUGUST 9, SEPTEMBER 9 - NO 9th! Join the People's 9/11 emergency protest for social and economic justice. Here are a few reasons why, and you can add your own:
- Money for schools? No, close them!
- Money for workers? No, outsource the jobs overseas and to prisons!
- Money for college students’ education? No, quit school!
- Money for mental hospitals? No, jail them!
- Money for homeowners? No, evict them!
- Money for war? YES, BOMB THEM!
BOYCOTT 4 JUSTICE! NO Shopping on the 9th of any month during 2011.
NAME YOUR OWN REASON TO BOYCOTT 4 JUSTICE, and place it on your websites and talk about it in your meetings. Do not wait for your "leaders" to endorse the Boycott 4 Justice, sheeple. Many leaders have received good and valuable consideration to ignore initiatives that will empower the people. 21st century protesters only use part of what made the civil rights demonstrations successful but omit giving decision makers any financial incentive to change. Demand respect as consumers and constituents by addressing unethical business decisions financially.
A man asked, "If we all boycott shopping on the 9th of every month, won't people just buy more on the 8th and 10th?" The answer is, "Yes." But BOYCOTT 4 JUSTICE is a protest, not an attack on Wall Street. Do marches and rallies harm the economy? No. But they make a statement. Millions of people abstaining from shopping on the same day will make a more significant statement than any rally or march. The boycott says "We Are One." It says, "We know we are in this mess for the sake of corporate profits. As your customers and constituents, we demand change." Consumer power is powerful. Let's use it!
HERE ARE MY REASONS to Boycott 4 Justice every month on the 9th day - the people's 9/11 response to injustice:
22. Disabled Americans Should NOT Be Secretly Arrested and Murdered and Their Survivors Censored, Impoverished, and Terrorized for Complaining. BOYCOTT 4 JUSTICE!
23. The private prison system, wars, and unemployment are intricately tied. Over one million inmates work up to seven days a week for state and federal governments and Fortune 500 companies avoiding unions, minimum wage and worker safety laws. Inmates make 100% of military uniforms, canteens, tents, and many other essentials. War is therefore very profitable for prison investors. Companies find it difficult to compete with corporations that use prison laborers to supply goods and services or outsource work overseas. As more Americans are laid off, laws are passed that are designed to obtain more prisoners, such as the proposal to outlaw menthol cigarettes and tougher immigration laws that remand illegal aliens to prison rather than back to their countries. The U.S. Supreme Court is currently deliberating on whether American children can be interrogated by police officers in their schools without their parents' knowledge, an attorney, a warrant, or a Miranda warning. A seventh-grader is already imprisoned (sentenced as an adult) because he confessed to crimes under those circumstances. False confessions by children and the mentally ill account for 25% of wrongful convictions, but young people make hardy prison slaves and can be trained to lay bricks, become plumbers, fishermen, electricians, or manufacture whatever products their assigned prisons produce and market on Wall Street. The same elitists benefit from wars, America's record-high incarceration rate, and outsourcing jobs, which leads to unemployment, wage reductions, and foreclosures. The economy is an ecosystem, and the poor and middle class are at the bottom of the food chain. Workers, peace advocates, and prisoner activists have a common opponent. THEY are ONE.
24. Use the button for "older posts" on the lower right side after each article in FreeSpeakBlog to see previous articles regarding the Boycott 4 Justice at http://freespeakblog.blogspot.com/ including these four:
a.) Boycott 4 Justice: No Shopping April 9, 2011
b.) Boycott 4 Justice Beginning March 9 - No Shopping!
c.) Human Rights for Prisoners Boycott Beginning 3/09/11
d.) Boycott 4 Justice: No Shopping on 9th of Any Month
Other justice articles are entered between the articles listed above. Please visit the MaryLovesJustice blog by this writer for more articles regarding the Boycott 4 Justice at http://marylovesjustice.blogspot.com/
Boycott 4 Justice Works in Wisconsin! http://marylovesjustice.blogspot.com/2011/04/boycott4justice-works-in-wisconsin.html
25. THERE IS NO NEED FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS TO AGREE ON ANY SINGLE INJUSTICE BEING PROTESTED DURING THE BOYCOTT 4 JUSTICE NO SHOPPING DAYS. Your reasons may differ from mine. The censored media will not make news reports about the shopping moratorium. You can help notify Americans by announcing your participation in the Boycott 4 Justice and NAME YOUR OWN REASON. Or participate in the Boycott 4 Justice anonymously. Empty malls and cessation of online shopping for 24 hours once each month will not irreparably damage our fragile economy, and that is not the intention. Shop 'til you drop on the 8th or the 10th, but make no purchases on the 9th of any month in 2011. Support the People's 9/11 response to corporate greed and government misdeeds. Boycott 4 Justice is a peaceful demonstration of unity and power for everyone to stand together and use Consumer Power to resist oppression. WE are ONE.
27. Assistance to the Incarcerated Mentally Ill is an online organization that has suffered numerous cyberattacks. We will begin in-person meetings. Plan to attend every Monday at Picadilly Restaurant at 7:00 p.m. at 5644 Memorial Drive, Stone Mountain, Georgia 30083. If you are interested in any of the reasons to Boycott 4 Justice listed above, please plan to attend. Menu items are from $1.50 up. Children are welcome.
The link to share this article is BOYCOTT 4 JUSTICE: No Shopping May 9: http://freespeakblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/boycott-4-justice-no-shopping-may-9.html
Other articles in this series include the following: BOYCOTT 4 JUSTICE: No Shopping June 9, 2011
BOYCOTT 4 JUSTICE: No Shopping on the 9th of Any Month
BOYCOTT 4 JUSTICE: No Shopping April 9, 2011
BOYCOTT 4 JUSTICE: Beginning March 9 - No Shopping!
Human Rights for Prisoners BOYCOTT Beginning 3/9/11