Friday, October 2, 2009

Former President Jimmy Carter and Gandhi - October Gifts


The great Indian leader, human rights and peace advocate, Mahatma Gandhi, was born on October 2, 1869. His legacy of non-violent social change inspired
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.  The concept of peaceful resistence to government dogma effected many significant achievements in the struggle for justice.






America's 39th president, Jimmy Carter, was born on October 1, 1924. After leaving office, Carter and his wife Rosalynn founded The Carter Center in 1982, a nongovernmental, not-for-profit organization that works to advance human rights. He has traveled extensively to conduct peace negotiations, observe elections, and advance disease prevention and eradication in developing nations. He is a key figure in the Habitat for Humanity project. (Source: Wikipedia)

                                   Happy Birthday!

More photographs of and quotes by these leaders are at my Care2 Sharebook post:http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/sharebook/513396753

__________________.
Note:  I had much trouble wishing a happy birthday to President Carter and commemorating Gandhi's birthday at my Care2 Sharebook.  I wrote about it in my Google profile (bottom).  Furthermore, I was not permitted to add tags to this blogspot.  I constantly got an error message that I had exceeded 200 character spaces, although I had not.  Even counting commas, I did not exceed 200.  I tried deleting Atlanta, Georgia, but that is apparently not what they who monitor my input wanted deleted. Hopefully, Google has some way to check blog content and note appropriately.  My intended taglines were:  Gandhi, PresidentJimmyCarter, HumanRights, Non-violentSocialChange, TheCarterCenter, PeaceMovement, Georgia, Atlanta, India, HabitatforHumanity, RosalynnCarter, FreespeakBlog, MaryNeal - NOTE:  today is Oct. 6, 2010.  I am trying again to add the taglines.  Let us see what happens!  Cybercensorship is so interesting - frustrating, but interesting.  Sometimes I learn what might be important by what they hide.

No comments: