Saturday, May 25, 2013

Petition Heaven for Justice



Christians must pray together for justice and compassion. We are bombarded with petitions to sign for officials to render justice, but we must first petition Heaven for whatever we need. For we remember that it is God who promised to cause men to give unto our bosoms. "I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign LORD" (Ez. 34:15). This blog is a place to read about and pray for one another regarding justice issues.


Like most human and civil rights activists, I have spent years speaking truth to power and admonishing our decision makers to be just and to honor the Golden Rule. Some improvements have been made in some areas, but I am reminded that the Bible says that we have not because we ask not or because we ask amiss. We must make our prayers and supplications to God.


I have many online friends who are atheists, agnostics, and who serve other gods. We can and do fight injustice together, but we cannot pray together. Just send good vibes.

This activist will soon leave online advocacy. I leave this with you:

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." ~2 Chronicles 7:14


Pray for justice and compassion
in the name of Jesus Christ.




No comments: